What is KAKAO?
KAKAO is a high-vibe, ceremonial 'drinking chocolate' (100% whole-bean Cacao, native variety). Our cacao is sourced from Guatemala (in the native strain called 'Criollo') and Peru (in the native strain called 'Chuncho'). These are very rare, hard to come by strains of cacao, and we have searched far and wide for the truest, ceremonial-grade cacao available. A large part of KAKAO's mission is to help save/protect these native strains.
What are the benefits of drinking KAKAO?
You can enjoy KAKAO's incredible benefits when you invite the Spirit of Cacao into your heart open sipping.
- Increased energy, without the nervous buzz one gets from caffeine!
- Prolonged focus
- Blood Circulation & Digestion
- Assist meditation & Inner-work
- Clear any blocked/stuck emotions
- Connection to self, others, nature and Source energy
''The beans contain anandamide (the ‘bliss’ chemical), histamine, arginine (nature’s Viagra), phenylethylamine (PEA – the ‘love’ chemical), theobromine and dopamine. - Gavin Kendrick @ Cacao Love
Read our blog post 'The Science: How Cacao Benefits the Brain & Body'.
What is the history of Cacao?
Criollo & Chuncho Cacao (the purest, highest-quality variety of 'chocolate') has been used for thousands of years by the Mayan cultures for health, spiritual use, & even as currency. It is referred to as 'liquid gold.'
''According to both archeologists and Mayan spiritual elders, the Cacao Spirit was one of the most powerful deities in ancient Mayan cosmology. While the ancient Mayans and Aztecs of Southern Mexico and Guatemala are best known, there are contemporary Indigenous cultures in Central and South America who continue cacao use in shamanic ceremony. Although one of this world’s finest spiritual or shamanic partners, cacao was ignored in the ‘60’s resurgence of medicine plants because it does not act like a psychedelic – it does not take you on its trip, but facilitates your own.
Ceremonial details of how ancient cultures used chocolate are not known. It is Cacao’s choice to return at this time, and I am having fun being part of Her flow.'' - @The Chocolate Shaman, Guatemala
How is KAKAO different from other sources of cacao/chocolate?
1. KAKAO is 100% ceremonial-grade, native variety of Cacao. The Criollo was the first cocoa tree domesticated by Mayas over 3000 years ago. The chocolate derived from this variety is of the highest quality, classified as one of the finest flavored chocolates. Many cacao farmers across the globe grow trees that produce lower quality chocolate because they are more resilient to disease, produce higher yields, thus are more likely to guarantee a good harvest. KAKAO is committed to using native, organic cacao only, and furthermore, we do not use mechanical/mainstream processing techniques whatsoever.
2. The WHOLE bean is used for our drinking KAKAO, meaning higher nutritional value, a higher vibration, and more noticeable effects upon drinking. KAKAO is not considered 'raw cacao powder,' and in fact is much more potent, sustainable, healthy & powerful.
3. Our INTENTION: KAKAO is intentionally sourced, processed and blessed with high frequencies of love, service, compassion, abundance & purpose.